PDA

View Full Version : Obama Sets up Phony Deficit Reduction Panel

Jake
18th February 2010, 11:47
Obama Sets up Phony Deficit Reduction Panel
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jYGrd9ql0-zubXXSKIG4cek43ungD9DUN1Q80
By MARK S. SMITH (AP) 33 minutes ago
Emphasis: Jake
Red Comments: Jake
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MM8DddbJyOw/Smh1QOM4U1I/AAAAAAAAAbI/6RVXOkGiaYg/s400/obama%2Blying%2Bpinocchio.jpg
WASHINGTON President Barack Obama signed an order Thursday unilaterally creating a bipartisan commission to rein in unruly deficits after Congress rejected a similar body with considerably more enforcement power.

In making the announcement, Obama said that unless lawmakers put aside partisan differences, the continuing red-ink trend could "hobble our economy."<---So Deficits are Caused By Pesky Republicans Getting In The Way Of Your Stimuli Packages?

The federal deficit hit a record $1.4 trillion last year and could grow larger this year as the struggling economy puts a big dent in tax collections.<--Why is it "getting larger"? Could it be That Obama Wants Bigger and Bigger Govt?

"It will cloud our future and it will saddle every child in America with an intolerable burden," he said before signing an executive order establishing the commission.<---Who...WHO, is Saddling Our Children With Ever Larger Burdens? A Trillion Here, A Trillion There...Pretty Soon It Becomes Real Money!

Obama signed the executive order a few hours before flying to Colorado and Nevada to help incumbent Democrats save their seats in the Senate. "]<--I don't Think They Want You There![/B]

He'll appear in Nevada for Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid. Like Obama and other Democrats, Reid has been feeling the sting of the stunning electoral upset by Republican Scott Brown in the Massachusetts election to choose a successor for the late Sen. Edward Kennedy.<---Why is Dingy in Trouble? Could it be that voters are fed up with big govt liberals?

At the White House event, Obama was flanked by Vice President Joe Biden along with former White House chief of staff Erksome Bowles and former Republican Senate Whip Alan Simpson. He chose Bowles and Simpson to lead the panel, which will be charged with reporting back by the end of this year on what steps Congress and the administration should take to get the deficit down to 3 percent of the gross domestic product, a level that economists believe is manageable.<---So Big Govt Deficits are being "solved" by Adding More Govt Programs?----UNREAL!

Last year's deficit equaled 9.9 percent of GDP, the highest point since World War II, and is projected to climb to 10.6 percent of GDP this year.

Obama said "everything is on the table" as the 18-member panel gets to work. In addition to Bowles and Simpson, Obama will appoint four members to the panel. Republican and Democratic leaders will each appoint six additional members. Obama said the panel's recommendations will require approval by 14 of the 18 members, assuring that the recommendations will have bipartisan support.<---He wants republicans to take blame for his reckless spending. Republics who go along with this are just as stupid.

But the executive commission is a weak substitute for what the president really wanted: a panel created by Congress that could force lawmakers to consider unpopular remedies to reduce the debt, including curbing politically sensitive entitlements like Social Security and Medicare.<---Obama wants the go ahead for new increased taxes, and he wants repubics to sign up with him.

That bipartisan panel would have delivered lawmakers a deficit reduction blueprint after the November elections that would have been subject to votes before a new Congress convenes next year. But the idea faltered in the Senate, defeated by equal numbers of Democrats and Republicans, including some of whom initially supported the idea.

Though Obama's commission will lack any requirement for Congress to act on its advice, it could provide the president some political cover with an electorate that is increasingly concerned about the massive deficit.<---SEE?...He wants to lay blame on republicans.

And that has some Republicans looking to paint the executive commission as little more than a political calculation.<---It's BS...These Commisions do nothing except spend tax-payer money.

"Since the president has unfairly given Democrats and liberals an over-representation on the commission, the odds are high that its recommendations will be heavy on tax increases and light on spending reductions," Georgia Rep. Tom Price said in a statement.<---NEVER TRY TO COMPROMISE WITH LIBERALS!

Still, the panel has some big-name bipartisan backing.<--Big Name Repubics!

Bowles, the president of the University of North Carolina, served as Democratic President Bill Clinton's chief of staff from 1996 to 1998. Simpson, a senator from Wyoming from 1979 to 1997, was the No. 2 Republican and the top GOP member of the Social Security subcommittee.

The nation's huge deficits are being caused by the impact of a severe recession, which has trimmed the government's tax receipts and raised spending on such programs as unemployment insurance and food stamps. The deficits also reflect the billions of dollars being spent from the $862 billion stimulus program passed in February 2009 and the $700 billion financial bailout program Congress passed in October 2008 to stabilize the banking system.<---TRIM GOVT FIRST!

tom1000000
18th February 2010, 14:17
Jake

From the post you made it seems you are a strong Republican supporter.

The fact is BOTH Democrats and Republicans have ruined America.

Bush and Cheney wasted money like there was no tomorrow. Clinton had small budget surpluses but they were trashed by Bush. Bush decided to give tax cuts to the rich, which achieved nothing except helping his buddies. I think Cheney literally said "Deficits don't matter".

BOTH Republicans and Democrats are pigs with their snouts in the trough.

Ron Paul and maybe 1 or 2 others are the exception to the rule.

Jake
18th February 2010, 14:30
Jake

From the post you made it seems you are a strong Republican supporter.

The fact is BOTH Democrats and Republicans have ruined America.

Bush and Cheney wasted money like there was no tomorrow. Clinton had small budget surpluses but they were trashed by Bush. Bush decided to give tax cuts to the rich, which achieved nothing except helping his buddies. I think Cheney literally said "Deficits don't matter".

BOTH Republicans and Democrats are pigs with their snouts in the trough.

Ron Paul and maybe 1 or 2 others are the exception to the rule.

When are you liberals going to stop blaming Bush?
What about Calvin Coolidge?
What about Martin Van Buren?
How about Woodrow Wilson?

The Fact is...We Have A Stupid President Right Now.
His Name is Barricademeinwithtaxburdens Hussein Oblamebush.

Read the Article:
Did I not Call The Republicans Repubics?

What Form of Political Fraud Have I Always Critisized in All Of My Posts?
Liberals and Liberalism.
What was Bush...A True Repubic.
A Big Govt Big Liberal Republican.
By telling me you put Obama in the same category as Bush, you are effectively agreeing with my comments. The partial answer is to vote out these liberals in 2010 and again in 2012. This will, unfortunately not solve enough of our problems. It will at least stall new liberal big govt programs into the future. Our time as a growing prosperous country is behind us no matter what happens-- thus neccessitating the need to hold gold and silver.

DaBrownsRPhat
18th February 2010, 15:38
It isn't a party problem. Sadly it is us, the people who are to blame.

Too bad our government run education system doesn't teach what is the most important duty of a citizen which is to watch big brother, instead they teach to blindly trust big brother.

Throughout history, the natural enemy of the free individual has always been government. The more power the government has, the less the people have and vice versa.

We have and are failing by ignoring (either knowingly or unknowingly) our responsibility to use our power to STOP THIS MADNESS! As a society it is like we are watching a movie on TV instead of watching our futures and the futures of our children being destroyed in front of our eyes......... then after the evening news we switch on American Idol.

Just like a kid, the government will take and take and push and push as long as they can get away with it. We are allowing them to get away with it. I do hate the term big brother because really we are the parents and the government is the kid. We created IT, IT didn't create us.

akak
18th February 2010, 15:41
I have to agree with Tom --- the blame for the current mess clearly falls EQUALLY on both Republicans and Democrats. I long ago gave up on actually believing in the "Good Cop/Bad Cop" charade of the two party system, or that there is fundamentally any meaningful differences between the two establishment parties in this country. Big government has grown equally under both the Democraps and Rethuglicans, and that is a demonstrable fact.

akak
18th February 2010, 15:43

Throughout history, the natural enemy of the free individual has always been government. The more power the government has, the less the people have and vice versa.

BINGO!

Give the man a gold star!

(Well, maybe a silver one here.)

DaBrownsRPhat
18th February 2010, 15:53
BINGO!

Give the man a gold star!

(Well, maybe a silver one here.)

lol, either works really, thanks ;)

Jake
18th February 2010, 17:23

Too bad our government run education system doesn't teach what is the most important duty of a citizen which is to watch big brother, instead they teach to blindly trust big brother.

We have and are failing by ignoring (either knowingly or unknowingly) our responsibility to use our power to STOP THIS MADNESS! As a society it is like we are watching a movie on TV instead of watching our futures and the futures of our children being destroyed in front of our eyes......... then after the evening news we switch on American Idol.

Just like a kid, the government will take and take and push and push as long as they can get away with it. We are allowing them to get away with it. I do hate the term big brother because really we are the parents and the government is the kid. We created IT, IT didn't create us.

Well...yes, in the end, we are to blame for electing liberals. There are just too many idiots in this country voting liberals in. This is the same thing I said. The reality now is we can't fix it. No one can fix it. Conservatives can't fix it.

Now that the fed is signaling they are concerned about inflation, the "TRIGGER" that some of us are looking for may have happened. My first reaction is that gold and silver should eventually rise as inflation becomes more a part of front page news. Eventuially, gold and silver will need to stop reacting to the strong dollar. It seems like it is.

The dollar index is at 81.18 and gold and silver are still where they were when the dollar was at 80.50

DaBrownsRPhat
18th February 2010, 20:43
Well...yes, in the end, we are to blame for electing liberals. There are just too many idiots in this country voting liberals in. This is the same thing I said. The reality now is we can't fix it. No one can fix it. Conservatives can't fix it.

Now that the fed is signaling they are concerned about inflation, the "TRIGGER" that some of us are looking for may have happened. My first reaction is that gold and silver should eventually rise as inflation becomes more a part of front page news. Eventuially, gold and silver will need to stop reacting to the strong dollar. It seems like it is.

The dollar index is at 81.18 and gold and silver are still where they were when the dollar was at 80.50

lol, I agree with everything except the "liberal" label slipped in there ;)

It doesn't matter if we have liberals, conservatives, left, right, blue or red, or up and down. We keep going with the flow and voting and supporting the candidates that are put in front of us.

I was hoping when Obama was elected that people would see that there is a continuous interest that is pulling the strings in our government no matter who is the face of the office. He was so pumped up with a bunch of hot air, I thought when he backs out and does the opposite of what he promises, more people would wake up to it.

Have you ever been in an argument where you end up arguing about something different than what started it? You end up focusing on the distraction and you forget the real issue. (With me it happens when arguing with girlfriends, lol) This is the game being played.

Jake
19th February 2010, 11:41
lol, I agree with everything except the "liberal" label slipped in there ;)

It doesn't matter if we have liberals, conservatives, left, right, blue or red, or up and down. We keep going with the flow and voting and supporting the candidates that are put in front of us.

I was hoping when Obama was elected that people would see that there is a continuous interest that is pulling the strings in our government no matter who is the face of the office. He was so pumped up with a bunch of hot air, I thought when he backs out and does the opposite of what he promises, more people would wake up to it.

Have you ever been in an argument where you end up arguing about something different than what started it? You end up focusing on the distraction and you forget the real issue. (With me it happens when arguing with girlfriends, lol) This is the game being played.

Well, I truly believe liberalism is the cause of all problems in the world. Now,
you said, "We keep going with the flow and voting and supporting the candidates that are put in front of us." But how else are we going to install society with govt? Unless you're an anarchist like AKAK, there is no better answer than a Representative Republic with a constitution that places the individual first with inalienable rights.

There is a big difference between liberals and conservatives; the most important being that liberals want an interpretative "living document" that can be changed without a painstaking review and amendment. Conservatives want to build on a constitution that works and want it to be difficult to amend where thorough review and overwhelming majority voting participation by the states is required.

Thus, conservatives wish only to uphold the constitution, abide by its amendments and place legistators accountable for their actions. Liberals want to do anything they choose by ignoring the will of the people for the sake of short term symbolism that fits their agenda for such things as redistribution of wealth and the destruction of morality.

We are living the great experiment where liberalism has been allowed to run amuck in all branches of govt. Look at the result---Wild deficits, outrageous unemployment, and soon to be high taxes along with programs that remove our basic freedom to choose for ourselves.

I believe the American people are fed up with this and will defeat these scum bags in a huge way resulting in the take back of both houses and the Whitehouse. However, I never said that all republicans who replace the scum bags will be of sufficient backbone to govern and legislate from a truly conservative point of view.

Many Republicans, unfortunately, will fall into the category of "moderates" and liberals. Mark Levin calls these types "Repubics" which is a good term. An excellent example is Susan Collins (AKA, Katheryn Hepburn) or Olympia Snow-Job from Maine. Worthless scumbag repubics who are basically liberals. They came into power along with Alen Spectacle in the 1994 "Take-Back America" landslide. Spectacle has shown his true colors and switched parties to become a scum bag with a democrat label since.

So, while I believe 2010 will resemble 1994 in that democrats will no longer hold the majority of both houses, it remains to be seen if the replacements actually are true conservative statesmen. Unless we see a majority of true statesmen take back our branches of govt, this country is doomed to be forever drowning in statist tyranny.