PDA

View Full Version : Could silver be totally worthless?

george4
9th February 2010, 12:18
If the elites end game is a NWO with a New World currency where one entity control's everything completely then I must ask... Could silver be totally worthless?

Before you answer this question -- think with me for a minute. If you and I were in control the first thing I would do is kill all sales of gold and silver. I would confiscate it and the public [that's us] would never be allowed to deal in it ever again. This would ensure that my BS NWO paper currency could be manipulated completely when I wanted.

Do you guys really think that hording silver/gold really matters?

I look forward to your thoughts.

podrag
9th February 2010, 12:24
What has confiscating drugs done to their price?

If weed were legal it would be as cheap as lettuce.

Sakata
9th February 2010, 12:27
What has confiscating drugs done to their price?

If weed were legal it would be as cheap as lettuce.

I fail to see the analogy. Drugs and weed are things that many people use in their daily lives. Silver is not.

skijake
9th February 2010, 12:31
If the elites end game is a NWO with a New World currency where one entity control's everything completely then I must ask... Could silver be totally worthless?

Before you answer this question -- think with me for a minute. If you and I were in control the first thing I would do is kill all sales of gold and silver. I would confiscate it and the public [that's us] would never be allowed to deal in it ever again. This would ensure that my BS NWO paper currency could be manipulated completely when I wanted.

If I was in control the first thing I would do would be to round up everyone in the NWO and make them work an honest days worth for atleast 2 years.
I bet their prospective on everything would change after that.;)

podrag
9th February 2010, 12:49
I fail to see the analogy. Drugs and weed are things that many people use in their daily lives. Silver is not.

Gee whiz... The government will only try to ban it when people want it.

Silver is already used in every electronic device on Earth anyway so people do use silver... they just aren't necessarily aware.

Jake
9th February 2010, 13:18
````````````````

aequitas
9th February 2010, 13:32
No it cannot become worthless because it is an essential an irreplacable industrial metal and cannot be cast aside simply because a government declared it illegal or worthless. It would just have its price set in a black market, and probably a lot higher than prices we have now.

Sakata
9th February 2010, 13:43
Gee whiz... The government will only try to ban it when people want it.

Silver is already used in every electronic device on Earth anyway so people do use silver... they just aren't necessarily aware.

So you make all your own electronic devices? I rather suspect you don't use it. You just purchase it in those devices from manufacturers that use it. If the government controls access by manufacturers then you will not be legally able to sell it to them. Hence the analogy is flawed.

No it cannot become worthless because it is an essential an irreplacable industrial metal and cannot be cast aside simply because a government declared it illegal or worthless. It would just have its price set in a black market, and probably a lot higher than prices we have now.

They would not declare it worthless. They would declare it to be worth a lot, and then require all manufacturers to purchase it through them at inflated costs. These costs would be passed on to the consumer, who would not be legally entitled to own silver.

Note, I am not saying this will come to pass. Merely that the arguments put forth are not valid.

junksilver
9th February 2010, 13:44

Also depends somewhat on what you consider totally worthless.....if the only reason you buy silver is because you are 100% sure you will be using it for a loaf of bread then yes it might very well be.

Some folks are CONVINCED that one day, sooner or later, they will be happy go lucky since they own some mercury dimes, Franklin halves, etc and will be the only ones with access to the local grocer, where they will go and use the good old 90% to buy goods, and there will be a happy grocer just drooling over said coins, happily figuring out the current spot price, converting from ounces, ets and send you on your merry way........while your neighbor looks longingly as you pull up the drive in your late model Tahoe that you bought for a tube of ASE's from some guy that didn't have a pot to piss in and hungry mouths to feed.

Just one scenario, I could be wrong, but if you think this is how life will be someday with a fist full of Walkers, then yes they will be pretty much be worthless.

Not saying barter won't come back, but I really doubt that it's gonna be a case of packing up the kids in the SUV and heading off to Sam's Club, then checking out in the "Silver as payment" aisle

Sakata
9th February 2010, 13:49
Not saying barter won't come back, but I really doubt that it's gonna be a case of packing up the kids in the SUV and heading off to Sam's Club, then checking out in the "Silver as payment" aisle

If it comes to that point there won't be any SUVs, or at least no gas to run them with. And there probably won't be any Sams. There may well be the local farmer who is willing to barter his produce which is not available anywhere else. We, of course, will only barter for junk silver if he thinks there is someone with something he needs would will barter in exchange.

Things will have to be pretty dire for this scenario to come about. I don't think it will, but I have my junk silver just in case and if I don't need it then I reckon I can sell it for a profit which will beat inflation when I need to.

Buying junk silver is pretty much a win-win proposition unless silver drops back to $5 an ounce by the time I need it.

New User
9th February 2010, 14:33
If it comes to that point there won't be any SUVs, or at least no gas to run them with. And there probably won't be any Sams. There may well be the local farmer who is willing to barter his produce which is not available anywhere else. We, of course, will only barter for junk silver if he thinks there is someone with something he needs would will barter in exchange.

Things will have to be pretty dire for this scenario to come about. I don't think it will, but I have my junk silver just in case and if I don't need it then I reckon I can sell it for a profit which will beat inflation when I need to.

The likelihood of bartering with a farmer in a MadMax scenario is almost zero. As soon as someone finds out you have silver and/or gold they will shoot you and take it. Then they will shoot the farmer, rape his wife, and take his farm. He who has the most guns and the ability to utilize them wins. Period.

More likely, silver and gold will be used to buy into a new or revalued currency when the U$D and other fiat currencies go the way of the tulip bulb.

Matthew Shelley
9th February 2010, 14:56
Nope, not ever. Besides it's uses in health care, silver is a catalytic metal that gets used up in all sorts of industrial processes. Just like palladium and platinum.

Gold on the other hand.....

Matthew C. Shelley
TrendPhonic Futures

Risk Disclosure: Trading involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for everyone and only risk capital should be used. Margins are subject to change. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Any investor could potentially lose more than originally invested.

tom1000000
9th February 2010, 15:00
I think the scenario is completely stupid for one simple reason:

The "elites" will never take over China. Who exactly will be able to take control from the Chinese Commies????

China is in complete control of its own destiny. If the NWO tries to make gold / silver illegal, the Chinese government will say we love gold / silver, bring it to us.

I think you will always be able to sell gold and silver in China.

The only difficulty will be escaping out of the NWO Territories.

If NWO does arise, you are probably better off migrating to Commie China any way you can.

aequitas
9th February 2010, 15:23
Im getting a little sick of the amero one world government nwo conspiracy, because its simply absurd. Government fight with each other all the time over territory, water rights, trade agreements, tariffs, etc.... and no the banking cartel does not control every country. They do a good job of enslaving people with debt but they cant make all world leaders hold hands and sing. The idea that the government has unlimited power is wrong, they have unlimited power as long as people are complacent, but if the world went from fine to mad max which it probably wont they cant stop you from selling silver to companies who need it. (if you disagree tell me why its not possible dont just say the government will force the amero on you and take your silver because that is a gross oversimplification of what it would take to force the world into one currency and enslave them under one government)

Jake
9th February 2010, 15:46
```````````````

Felix Carbury
9th February 2010, 16:23
George, you aren’t doing this control thing right. Think about how the press and TV say things like, Your share of the national debt is $35,000 or some such some.

Well, the U.S. Treasury has approximately 8.5 thousand metric tons of gold. There are 32150.746 troy ounces per metric ton. So 32150.746 times 8.5 thousand is 273281341 troy ounces of gold. Divide by 300 million, the population of the United States, and your share of the national treasury .910937 troy ounces of gold.

If we were in control, the government would pay for the shipping.

fullsafe
9th February 2010, 19:01

You might look forward to my thoughts but not my actions which would be to take a measly ounce and convert it into 4 -120 grain 30 cal. spitzers which I would then place randomly in your head and torso.

george4's reign of tyranny would end and I would be the savior of the world.

I believe this is the Achille's heel of your plan and why silver will NEVER be worthless.

What is Truth?
9th February 2010, 20:15

If your BS NWO paper currency was stable you could get away with it and there would be no need to hoard or ban silver or gold. But if it wasn't it wouldn't make any difference if you banned precious metals because it would still fail and people would just hoard other things that they could use a real money instead.

cabtrom
9th February 2010, 20:34
What would you do if you won a trillion dollars?

A: Who gives a ****, because its never gonna happen. This is the same kind of logic as far as your question regarding silver. Now, stop asking stupid questions and give me something I can actually apply to this market in regards to my beloved silver and gold, dip ****!
What would happen if someone responds with witty comment?
Gee Mr. Spicoli "I don't Know"

akak
9th February 2010, 20:38
The likelihood of bartering with a farmer in a MadMax scenario is almost zero. As soon as someone finds out you have silver and/or gold they will shoot you and take it. Then they will shoot the farmer, rape his wife, and take his farm. He who has the most guns and the ability to utilize them wins. Period.

More likely, silver and gold will be used to buy into a new or revalued currency when the U$D and other fiat currencies go the way of the tulip bulb.

I am always amused by those who predict imminent and widespread violence as a result of any catastrophe, either civil or natural. The fact that they have virtually no historical basis for making such radical claims never seems to deter them from making them.

However, it does make me seriously wonder about the character and ethics of those who make these claims --- I can't help but suspect that THEY, in fact, would be the first (and almost only) ones to resort to naked violence when their social and financial support structures fail.

skijake
9th February 2010, 21:26
I am always amused by those who predict imminent and widespread violence as a result of any catastrophe, either civil or natural. The fact that they have virtually no historical basis for making such radical claims never seems to deter them from making them.

However, it does make me seriously wonder about the character and ethics of those who make these claims --- I can't help but suspect that THEY, in fact, would be the first (and almost only) ones to resort to naked violence when their social and financial support structures fail.

Reminds me of a 2nd hand story a local banker just shared with me about his "friend" who also works in the banking industry. Evidentley the friend was having money troubles and his bank was looking to close his branch so he took matters into his own hands and went down to a local jewlery store and beat the owner while robbing the old mans store.
Caught with-in hours he cryed like a baby about how his financial misfortunes had driven him to the desperate act. My banker contact was stunned,,,,me, not so much.

New User
9th February 2010, 22:42

Well don't you sound like the judgmental type. I guess you didn't hear about the looting and raping that occurred in the aftermath of Katrina? You probably also forgot about the shop owners that had to ward off looters and rioters in L.A. after the cops that beat Rodney King were acquitted. I can't help but suspect that you feel that insulated from such events because you live in a white neighborhood. Racist. How does that broadbased assumption strike you?

junksilver
9th February 2010, 23:30
Well don't you sound like the judgmental type. I guess you didn't hear about the looting and raping that occurred in the aftermath of Katrina? You probably also forgot about the shop owners that had to ward off looters and rioters in L.A. after the cops that beat Rodney King were acquitted. I can't help but suspect that you feel that insulated from such events because you live in a white neighborhood. Racist. How does that broadbased assumption strike you?

Truth hurts sometimes, that said I think you are reading into the post just a little too deep

of one mine
10th February 2010, 00:06
Ok, but then we could just continue to make eating utensils out of silver to keep the bacteria down. In the future we will have lots of problems with them. ANyhow why confiscate what you can get out of the ground sombody will dig it up. I couldnt do without it I need something to hold up my pants with like a silver belt buckle, we whoo! just havin fun on the subject.:D

Of one mine

chroNick
10th February 2010, 00:12

lol are you sure about that?

Katwoman
10th February 2010, 03:57
This thread is nonsensical and defies historical fact. Silver can be used for many things and for this reason alone it will always have value to some one.

ccjoe
10th February 2010, 08:00
This thread is nonsensical and defies historical fact. Silver can be used for many things and for this reason alone it will always have value to some one.

Exactly why I seldom post anymore or even read stuff here.

red snapper
10th February 2010, 09:11
**** this site gets depressing at times...

I'm off to go and set up my Scalextric slot car track so I can play with my new birthday present with my son.

Keep buying. Buy the dips, hoard it and forget about it.

Life's too short to worry about the paranoia that flies around this forum sometimes.