PDA

View Full Version : Mad Strongman Column: Oil 150$= Silver 21$?

strongman shelford
6th June 2008, 20:54
Since my latest topics are very popular... :rolleyes: I am shooting this one:

Oil 150$ = Silver 21$ guaranteed.

:D

I believe if we hit 21$ with oil at a lower price than 150$ then 21$ IS LIKE GUARANTEED.

Ideas please!

LETMYSILVERGO
6th June 2008, 21:27
if oil hits $150.00 a barrel, then one oz of silver should fill my 25 gal gas tank.
Yea.

SilverHawk
7th June 2008, 02:28
And just where are you getting gas for $1 a gallon? :confused:

I'd like to see silver over 25 an oz. If oil hits 150.

Someone knock on Warren Buffets' cranium and tell him to get out his checkbook. I think "someone" told him he made a big mistake buying all that silver years ago. That's why he sold it dirt cheap and has never touched it since.

SilverHawk
7th June 2008, 02:31
Oh, it finally sunk in. You think silver should be $200 an ounce.:)

Oh, I think it will get close, just not yet. Maybe when oil hits $200 a barrel

FedFixNix
8th June 2008, 16:12
Since my latest topics are very popular... :rolleyes: I am shooting this one:

Oil 150$ = Silver 21$ guaranteed.

:D

I believe if we hit 21$ with oil at a lower price than 150$ then 21$ IS LIKE GUARANTEED.

Ideas please!

It's not a question of "IF", but "WHEN"... for each price target of yours.

However, they are different commodity markets with different driving forces, and I think it is probably a stretch to link them as you are doing here. It's very possible we might see $200 oil before seeing $21 silver or that we could see $21 silver even if oil drops to $100.

Fedfixnix

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling the money and its issuance." President James Madison

strongman shelford
9th June 2008, 19:34
Iran saying they see OIL for 150$ this summer:

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jxUw8hGvXFdRo1Yq4hfnok4fEJPA

Richard
9th June 2008, 20:10
I believe if we hit 21$ with oil at a lower price than 150$ then 21$ IS LIKE GUARANTEED. Ideas please!

I'm inclined to think silver will up and out of it's current rut of the past few months, for the reasons one might think (inflation fears, weak dollar). To where, I have not a clue. I would like to think at least it will form a double peak at/near 21, but who knows... 150 oil is psychological impact, so it's possible it can go well beyond 21 to, say, mid 20's in a short time, manipulation or not.

I think, though, it would fall rather rapidly for the same reasons, that it is a psychological impact. 150 oil will get congress to do stuff, markets will calm because people will think they're doing something about it yadda yadda... (ha ha!)

Wheather the beating lasts as long this time, though, I doubt it because fiat systems always F up at some point and are forced to slip. Maybe it won't be the end of them but that point will come some time in the near future, I think. Yep. Bubbles, bubbles everywhere...

strongman shelford
9th June 2008, 22:08
fed rate going up in december?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=alX0XUOW65GI&refer=home

I think that won`t be enought to curb inflation AND keep silver price down .
IMhO.

strongman shelford
10th June 2008, 19:32
Ok time to change this topic a bit more

Gazprom ( yeap the big russian corporation) is saying

OIL 250$ IN 2009

WORDS FROM THEIR CEO

so , I am calling you smart guys, to read your opinions about this

I don`t think this guy is telling bs in Europe for free...

Robin
10th June 2008, 21:08
I hope thats not true, but if it is it wouldn't surprise me the way things are going. About a mouth ago I heard on the news that a barrel of oil would cost 200.00 but 250? I hope everybody has their gardens planted and are getting ready for canning. Maybe silver will be up to 35 40 dollars, maybe? Who knows.

strongman shelford
10th June 2008, 21:26
I am reading now rumors about increasing military actions between Iran and -US-Israel:

http://newsblaze.com/story/20080610175650payn.nb/topstory.html

nasty nasty things.

If you add to this, the fact that one guy in this forum today said that Nostradamus predicted a WWIII for 2008 ( which is 1999 in Ethiopian calendar...or sort of) LOL...

As Mogambo says:
"We`re all freaking doomed!"