PDA

View Full Version : APMEX sold out of their 1 oz coins

DaBrownsRPhat
4th February 2010, 14:30
AHHHHHH!!!

I've been watching this all day, waiting to pounce when the price stopped falling and I was too late. They were in stock just an hour or so ago.

I'm sure they have sold bunches today.

Just goes to show that good things don't always come to those who wait. :(

DaBrownsRPhat
4th February 2010, 15:19
Damn, now ASE's are sold out.

oilstates2003
4th February 2010, 15:21
Time to buy....

silverheartbone
4th February 2010, 15:30
why sell at a loss?

Sakata
4th February 2010, 16:32
AHHHHHH!!!

I've been watching this all day, waiting to pounce when the price stopped falling and I was too late. They were in stock just an hour or so ago.

Same here. I had my order ready but got a phone call. When I got off the phone they were gone.

Islandman
4th February 2010, 17:06
I got some 10 oz stackers today from apmex. I bought at $15.40...I was going to wait to see if silver would drop more but was afraid there would be a big run and they would run out...glad I bought in when I did!

Manny2_0
4th February 2010, 17:11
Perhaps as someone mentioned they don't want to sell at a loss

junksilver
4th February 2010, 17:16
There all sorts of ASE's for sale, so either you guys forgot to scroll down further or they got a huge shipment in.

realmoney
4th February 2010, 17:17
AHHHHHH!!!

Doesn't necessarily mean they "sold out", just that they don't want to sell certain coins at these prices.

RM

Sakata
4th February 2010, 17:22
Doesn't necessarily mean they "sold out", just that they don't want to sell certain coins at these prices.

RM

For other dealers I might believe that but with APMEX I have a feeling they ran out. They have an excellent reputation and what they lose as the price is dropping they almost certainly gain back when the price is rising. In the long run a company as big as they are can afford to sell at a relatively stable price above spot.

silverheartbone
4th February 2010, 17:24
There all sorts of ASE's for sale, so either you guys forgot to scroll down further or they got a huge shipment in.
Whachu talkin'bout junksilver?

APMEX Silver American Eagles Uncirculated (2010 & Prior) (http://www.apmex.com/Category/160/Silver_American_Eagles_Uncirculated_2010__Prior.as px)

Zero , Zero, Zero , Zero, ....
1992 Silver American Eagle - Beautiful Obverse Toning Sell Price $49.99 Availability: 1
1989 Silver American Eagles - Uncirculated - Camouflage Toning Sell Price $69.99 Availability: 1
Zero , Zero, Zero , Zero, ....
Proof Silver American Eagles - Random Year - IRA Acceptable Sell Price $57.99 Availability: 50

realmoney
4th February 2010, 17:25
For other dealers I might believe that but with APMEX I have a feeling they ran out. They have an excellent reputation and what they lose as the price is dropping they almost certainly gain back when the price is rising. In the long run a company as big as they are can afford to sell at a relatively stable price above spot.

I've seen this from them before. On a decent dip they magically "sell out". Its a business, I understand and don't blame them one bit if they are actually just sitting on their inventory (hard to believe they sold out, really, unless Warren Buffett decided to jump back into silver bullion ;)

RM

silverheartbone
4th February 2010, 17:29
Oh my oversight

2009 Silver American Eagles (Sealed PCGS 20 Coin Tubes) Sell Price $396.20 Availability: 147

2007-W Silver Eagles - Special Burnished Coins - With Box & Coa Sell Price $21.31 Availability: 1403

slvr
4th February 2010, 18:08
Perhaps as someone mentioned they don't want to sell at a loss
I am sure they just don't want to sell at a loss... watch.. they will have inventory soon, but at higher premiums ..like $3.99.

coctailer
4th February 2010, 19:12
I am sure they just don't want to sell at a loss... watch.. they will have inventory soon, but at higher premiums ..like $3.99.

They never ran out.

There are tons of ASEs in stock............

Camtender
5th February 2010, 12:33
I suspect APMEX also pulled the inventory and increased the premium to $2.50, please notice that now they have 50k of 2009 silver eagles (this morning, due in a week or so) and last night they were sold out. How do they find 50k worth of 2009 Eagles that are sold out?

DaBrownsRPhat
5th February 2010, 13:31
I checked about 8am EST this morning and they were still listed as sold out then.

I see they upped the premiums, and their spot price ticker is taking longer to update. It says 14.91 and it is 14.77 right now.

Camtender
5th February 2010, 14:06
Is Kitco.com what most people use to vouch spot? If not, what is recommended?

DaBrownsRPhat
5th February 2010, 14:08

I used to use Kitco, and still do at times, but I find goldprice.org better at looking at different time frames as far as price history.

Sakata
5th February 2010, 15:21

I use http://www.coininfo.com/