PDA

View Full Version : Gold, silver set to rise strongly this year

Jake
31st January 2010, 17:31
````````````````

TheLoneRanger
31st January 2010, 18:31
Somehow I find that assumptions of some sort of predictable steady state economy over the next two years seems far less likely than the gold down to $500 or up to $2300 wildcat projections...

However the irony of Jake posting predictions based on polls and opinions sorta makes up for the bizzarness of the thoughts of an uneventful two economic years..... I suppose if a projection agrees with you it isn't such a apparent failure of the time space continuium.

Jake
31st January 2010, 18:37
````````````````

TheLoneRanger
31st January 2010, 18:46
It isn't my opinion.
It's a recent article
It's a contribution to this forum.
There's a difference.
If I Posted "Gold/Silver Likely To Go Up" because of
this or that, then your post would have merit.

So stop acting like a jerk.

LOL .. that really got to you... didn't it

Jake a Guru is a Guru the articles you chose to post have no more or less merit than the contributions of others..be they articles or their own original thoughts or work product.. remember.. Nobody can tell the future.. Not even the Guru's that agree with Jake.

Jake
31st January 2010, 18:56
``````````````

TheLoneRanger
31st January 2010, 19:14
Listen jerk, that article contained info on their opinion about the relationship between interest rates and gold and their take on the fed's ability to raise them in this weak economy.

And you didn't "get to me" I responded to your worthless comment.
This article didn't hype silver or gold, it reports opinions from analysts about the fundamental contributions to the silver/gold prices.

The article points out that the prices may not be as rosy if interest rates rise you jerk
So **** off with these worthless comments and read the article.

LOL yeah I guess I was wrong about it getting to you.. read the article. didn't agree with it... felt it made Guru like assumptions about a steady state economy with only minor variables and no accomidation for outcomes triggered by Black Swans... I actually think you might have hurt your credibility by posting such a lame Guru like article trying to tell the future , even a couple futures based on a variety of future possibilities that nobody can see because even your Guru's are false Guru's despite your evident faith in them. Future behavior of fundamentals is still trying to predict the future , which nobody can do Not even Jakes's Gurus the keepers of the one true future truth. It ain't about hyping PM's or talking them down Jake.. you can either see the future or you can't.. if you can't then you can't see the future be it fundamentas or TA or pulling it out of your socks... and using profanity and calling folks names doesn't help anybody see the future either.

Jake
31st January 2010, 19:20
`````````````

TheLoneRanger
31st January 2010, 19:38
Ok, so you didn't agree with the article's assumptions.
Who the **** Cares Asshole?

How 'bout posting that the article needs more info on it's assumptions or that you don't agree instead of making assumptions, jerk.

I saw that it talked about interest rates, so I posted it.
I've posted other article about interest rates before, therefore, I thought it to be infomational.

Well, It could be informational. if one could predict future interest rates.. but nobody can.. so it is all about assumptions that might never happen causing a fixed set of results, that are not inevitable in any case, in the future...

But assuming for a minute that you find the article credible and helpful , how are you planing to action this so called actionable inteligence.. are you planing on posting your gold and silver investment plans if you truely believe this info is credible enough to actually base investments on it...

And just for the record and in the interest of the new found fad of asking folks to be transpartent in their investments.. I will be continuing to DCA 50-100 toz Ag and about 1 toz Au physical per month for the foreseeable future.. with an occasional bigger buy based on bigger dips or unusually low premiums as the spirit moves .. with a sell policy of flipping stuff at gunshows and craft fairs as the opportunitys present themselves for about a 50-100% premium if I can get it...

Jake
31st January 2010, 19:41
``````````````

TheLoneRanger
31st January 2010, 20:22
It's an article that someone else wrote fuckwad.

That may well be... but you posted it as being informational and I assume predictive of the future in some actionable way.. worthy is some Guruish manner in guiding and informing investments in PM's... so are you making any investments based on the information in the article you posted?

Ardent Listener
31st January 2010, 20:36
Gold, silver set to rise strongly this year
Reuters | Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:48
http://www.miningmx.com/news/gold_and_silver/gold-silver-set-to-rise-strongly-this-year.htm
http://www.miningmx.com/cm_pics/about_us/1559-0-0-0_1766352.jpg
A low global interest rate environment and concern about inflation should see gold prices gain further traction this year after a stellar 2009 and temper the dollar's recent gains, a Reuters poll showed.

The median forecast from a poll of 60 analysts conducted in January suggests gold will average $1,150.50 an ounce this year, 13 percent above 2009's median price, according to Reuters data, of $1,014, and marking a tenth successive year of gains.

While 2010's forecasts are bullish, the average from the poll is well below the precious metal's record high of $1,226.10 an ounce set in December 2009 -- a year in which gold posted 25 percent gains. Prices are expected to remain flat in 2011.

Analysts, fund managers and traders polled said longer-term U.S. dollar strength and leading economies moving to tighten monetary policy as they emerge from fiscal stimulus needed to address the economic slowdown could weigh on gold.

Another factor that could influence prices is regulation, in light of proposals for sweeping restrictions on U.S. banks that could squeeze liquidity into commodities and crimp demand from investors.

"The main drivers of precious metals over the next two years will be the state of the global economy, the amount of government spending, and whether credit conditions remain loose," said Tom Pawlicki, an analyst at MF Global in New York.

"Under current conditions, precious metals have benefited from accommodative monetary policy and excessive government deficit spending across the globe," he said.

"Metals have become a safety play to guard against future inflation emanating from these policies."

The poll shows that the metal is expected to peak in the second quarter of 2010, and to hold the bulk of its gains for the remainder of the year and into 2011.

According to the median forecasts given, gold will average $1,150 in the first quarter of the year, rising to $1,200 in the second, before easing back to $1,185 in the third and $1,175 in the last three months of the year.

In 2011 prices are expected to be virtually unchanged, with the median forecast for that year coming in fractionally below this year's figure at $1,150.00 an ounce.

Spot gold prices were bid at $1,096.65 an ounce around midday in London.

INTEREST RATES DICTATE
The outlook for U.S. interest rates is seen as vital for the dollar's trajectory, inflation and, by extension, gold.

Any tightening of U.S. monetary policy, raising current borrowing costs from 0-0.25 percent, would boost the dollar's appeal and dent that of gold, which, as a non-interest bearing asset, tends to lose its allure when rates rise.

Several gold market analysts were sanguine on the outlook for U.S. borrowing costs, citing the shaky nature of economic recovery.

"In our opinion, rising market expectations of higher short-term interest rates in both the U.S. and Europe are likely to prove unfounded for much of 2010," said Mitsubishi Corp precious metals strategist Tom Kendall in London.

"Economic recovery in the West remains fragile, and we do not expect either the Federal Reserve or the European Central Bank to push borrowing costs up before September at the very earliest," he added.

"With real interest rates likely to stay negative, the environment for gold investment should remain constructive."
Further gold purchases by central banks, after hefty buying by both India and China in recent years, could also lend significant support to prices, if it materialises.

SILVER
Meanwhile, silver prices are expected to rise 24 percent this year from last, as a firmer economic outlook should act as a support to metals that are primarily industrial in use. The bulk of silver is used in industries like electronics manufacturing.

Silver was expected to trade at an average $18.50 an ounce in 2010, the median forecast from the poll showed, up from 2009's median price of $14.87 an ounce.

But the poll suggested it would struggle to maintain those gains, with the median price forecast for 2011 slipping to $18.14 an ounce.

"The silver market should benefit from increasing industrial demand and good economic indicators are likely to spur prices," said Stuttgart-based Landesbank Baden-Wuerttemberg analyst Thorsten Proettel.

"The price increase could decelerate a little bit as the real conditions may underachieve the prospects of the economic recovery."

Well correct or not, I find reading an article that says silver will increase in price dispite a recovery of the economy a nice change of pace.

of one mine
31st January 2010, 20:55
I think any objective information is better than none at all. How we feel about the value of things personally wont have any bearing on how the market see's. It helps to know what others who may have anything to do with the industry or economics views the numbers they see now weighed against the possibility of the changes in PM's helps to get a better picture of the next quarter or so.:D

Ardent Listener
31st January 2010, 21:01
I think any objective information is better than none at all. How we feel about the value of things personally wont have any bearing on how the market see's. It helps to know what others who may have anything to do with the industry or economics views the numbers they see now weighed against the possibility of the changes in PM's helps to get a better picture of the next quarter or so.:D

Right one of nine. Forums such as this should be a community of members who exchange information or opinions among themselves for the purpose of futhering our knowledge even though we may disagree at times.

Jake
31st January 2010, 21:05
`````````````

TheLoneRanger
31st January 2010, 21:07

Oddly enough OOM . I agree completely..... the point being, silver is often used in mirrors, and every once in a while showing some folks a mirror might help them to see the truth.

Any information , and I left out objective, for the simple reason that so much that passes for objective is actually more subjective than not.. such as the result on PM prices from interest rates... you can find opinions both ways.. such as high interest rates indicate a high bond risk and inflation that is bad for the dollar and good for silver or high interest rates will pull investment from silver and kill industrial expansion and be bad for silver.. ad infinitum... but as a general rule

Information on PM's and the PM markets whether TA or fundmentals, or even Psychic revelation should not be run off the board by constant hectoring using criteria that can just as easily be applied to any source of information.. as I most recently did to Jakes Fundy Guru post on this thread...
I have , I hope, made the point I set out to make... It shouldn't have to go any farther.

My My but Jake was excitable tonight.. Mirrors often cause that in some people.

Jake
31st January 2010, 21:08
``````````````

Ardent Listener
31st January 2010, 21:12
Thank You AL
Not because you might agree or disagree as I really have no opinion of the gold price forecast, I just thought it was interesting as it at least touches on the possible problem the fed might find itself pondering this year when they can't raise interest rates due to a sluggish economy.

Psssssst---Come Closer, I need to tell you something: You might want to watch what you post---If it's an article that addresses gold prices and it brings up fundamental influences on the gold market, LoneRanger may require you to devulge your gold/silver purchases or positions.

LoL!, how come no one is interested in my huge hoard of nickels?

No, I didn't assume you were making an opinion just because you posted an article. Over at Realcent I often post articles that go against what I happen to believe at the time. No one calls me a troll or interloper there because they know that I value an open honest discussion.. ;)

Jake
31st January 2010, 21:17
````````````````````

Jake
31st January 2010, 21:19
`````````````````

TheLoneRanger
31st January 2010, 21:22
I told you...Had I predicted markets by just posting a bunch of stuff (charts, Psychic Phenomena, Tea Leaves, Wild Exclaimations, Conspiracy Theories), that was my stuff...then you can go after me all you want.

But your worthless posts about a published Reuters Poll being right or wrong has nothing to do with me. It's not like the author was a psychic, this was a ligitamate poll of people who look at fundamental influences on the gold/silver market.

You're acting like an idiot.

Perhaps I am, perhaps anybody who attacks other folks mehods of attempting to get a handle on what PM's will do down the road and demands they post their investments is as well... perhaps that was the point of this exercise.

Jake
31st January 2010, 21:24
```````````````

Bullseye
31st January 2010, 21:31
Of Course.
This LoneRanger Guy Needs a little Liquor or something to calm him down.
BTW---You own War Nickels Too?

Jake, I'm not tryin to be a smart a$$ but the Lone Ranger is a woman:p

Jake
31st January 2010, 21:40
`````````````

Az2Africa
31st January 2010, 21:43
It's just an interesting article, nothing more or less. I have reached the conclusion that anything we read or hear is about as good as a guess. I just watch for the dips and try not to do anything stupid or emotional.

beach miner
31st January 2010, 21:46
She is also a very Straight Shooter, with both pistols, and wit. She showed Jake the Flake that he is a Guru Wannabe, and made him Cry Like A Little Girrrly Man; Ranger 1, Flake 0. Hi Yo Silver Away.

JesterJay
1st February 2010, 00:33
Jake,
Dude,
YOU BEEN PUNKED!!!
HA! Who is the ASSHOLE?
You!!!
That was great "Mr" Ranger, sir.
And you've been on this forum for how long Jake?
You still don't know TheLoneRanger is a woman of fine taste???
Double Ha!
HA!HA!
That was like watching one of those detective shows where Columbo (the slow, dim, derfy dude played by Peter Falk- sure hope TLR looks nothing like him) springs a "gotcha" on the intelligent, arrogant, dude with the big-ass sombrero usually played by someone who looks like a cross between Fabio and Goerge Hamilton.
HA!!!!!
I tip my cap to the You, TLR.
I love you and will admire you forever.
Hey Jake....
You ain't no Guru.
People don't pay you $$$$ to feed them bullshit.
HA!!!!!!!!
Gotta say it again,
Ranger Rules, Jake Drools!
Now go pick on Q and main1 Jake.
You sure met your match here.
HA!
JesterJay
man, I just sort of lost it there didn't I?

Perhaps I am, perhaps anybody who attacks other folks mehods of attempting to get a handle on what PM's will do down the road and demands they post their investments is as well... perhaps that was the point of this exercise.

Jake
1st February 2010, 13:47
```````````````

ccjoe
1st February 2010, 14:36
**** Off and Go jump in bed with MasterQ

At least that's a better visual than you and maplehole in bed!
Nothing like the yuck factor of 2 old, gay men taking viagara every day trying to satisfy each other.. Imagine Jake and maplehole screaming at each other to get it up!:)
Maybe if they believed in God, they could pull off the immaculate erection:)

akak
1st February 2010, 14:38
At least that's a better visual than you and maplehole in bed!
Nothing like the yuck factor of 2 old, gay men taking viagara every day trying to satisfy each other.. Imagine Jake and maplehole screaming at each other to get it up!:)
Maybe if they believed in God, they could pull off the immaculate erection:)

Dude! I was just eating breakfast!

Talk about an appetite suppressant!

Jake
1st February 2010, 14:45
`````````````

NotAnOricle
1st February 2010, 15:05
Fascinating.
Simply fascinating.
:p

coctailer
1st February 2010, 15:22
http://www.clubtroppo.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/threadofdoom.gif

PlataTruth
1st February 2010, 19:07
Ok Joe...Please Tell Us:
1. How much silver you own.
2. How much silver (in oz's), you're selling or buying.
3. How much money you're going to make.
4. How many "Important People" you know (Celebrities and such).
5. How many gates you have on the driveway leading up to your penthouse.
6. How your trading strategy will make you millions.

Jake, I'm just happy that Joe has stopped telling us that silver will be $100.00 in 2010, $300.00 by 2012 and that 3 BILLION chinese are buying silver right now. I could not have taken that for another year or two.

Muthafugga
1st February 2010, 21:18
The Long Ranger is a lez-be-friends, isn't she? I think I remember her admitting that she's a carpet munching deeyike at some point.

JesterJay
1st February 2010, 23:46
I'm sure those were her exact words.
And it is now apparent you are a Neanderthal,
What has happened to respect and decorum?
JesterJay

The Long Ranger is a lez-be-friends, isn't she? I think I remember her admitting that she's a carpet munching deeyike at some point.

beach miner
1st February 2010, 23:52
Hey Ranger: Sorry ya have to put with this FILTH. Kinda makes yer Trigger Finger Itch. See ya at the Top.

beach miner
1st February 2010, 23:55
Hey Ranger: Sorry ya have to put UP with this Filth. Kinda makes yer Trigger Finger Itch. See Ya At The Top.